Finally – A data science program that brings you career opportunities.
What if you can expertly handle serious data science projects – and use your skills to grow companies?
What if you can acquire in-demand skillsets – like Python & SQL programming so that companies want to hire you?
Bootcamp fees at RM2,300.
Fees apply only if you’re accepted.
Subscribe to our data science newsletter – and be first to know when the bootcamp re-opens.
We don’t share your information or spam you. Unsubscribe anytime.
July 12th, 2021
THIS BOOTCAMP IS FOR
No prior technical knowledge or degree required.
Build 4 data science projects
As your portfolio and job application.
RM2,300 (one-time fee)
Data Science Uncut Bootcamp
30 Days Online Bootcamp: 12th July – 12th August 2021
Confidently handle data science projects in 30 days
What’s in the bootcamp
- Small group of 60 people, willing to get to work – and changing their state at the end of 30-days.
- Build 4 real data science projects to equip yourself with profitable skillsets.
- Student chat support, to get help anytime.
- Demo-day. Present your data science project to stakeholders from 10 leading companies.
- Daily lessons & tasks released everyday in chunk-size, step-by-step videos and worksheets.
- 4 live training sessions where Dr. Lau will personally guide you and give detailed feedback.
- Pro Discussion Board for extra learning and collaboration amongst other participants.
- Portfolio feature. We’ll publish your work on our website, where it’ll be seen by 100s of recruiters.
The fastest way to be an in-demand data scientist.
Highly-paid data professionals are not people who go around throwing big words like artificial intelligence, big data, and machine learning.
They are people who solve data problems and have the skills to grow a company’s revenue.
You can watch hundreds of lessons on Udemy – and yet, still don’t have what it takes to work on real data projects.
That’s why you’ll work on 4 data science projects instead of watching tutorial videos in the bootcamp.
Learn to do prediction based on data, predict any events before it happens.
Understand the relationship between variables and what factor matters most.
Social media analysis
Know exactly how customers, voters, users feel, think, respond to your organization.
Gain deep insights about your customers & their desires.
Bootcamp fees is at RM2300.
Fees applied only if you’re accepted.
What do these ‘projects’ look like?
Here are some projects built by our students. These are actual things a data scientist does. Not those academic woo-woo that cannot be used at work.
Predicting Customer Churn
Gze Peng (Cohort #1), used a regression model to predict the churn rate for a telco company. This enables the telco company to design better telco packages to retain their customers.
Analyzing customer sentiment.
Using cosine similarity and sentiment analysis, Naim Iskandar (Cohort #1) identified words that are commonly used and their associated emotions for TripAdvisor.
This enables a company like TripAdvisor to know what their customers love or hate about their experience and help them discover opportunities.
Bootcamp fees is at RM2300.
Fees applied only if you’re accepted.
Turn into a problem-solver.
The goal of a data professional is not to become a geek. But to be able to solve advanced problems, using advanced data techniques you’ll learn from the bootcamp.
Automate tasks using Python
You will learn Python as you work on the data science projects.
Learn to determine opinions and the market sentiments with data.
Processing data using SQL
Learn to process, structure, and optimize databases with SQL.
Predict events using classification techniques, modeling and more.
Presentation & visualizations
Learn to build visualization and present findings with confidence.
Forecasting using regressions
Learn techniques to forecast and optimize business processes.
Business Intelligence Tools
Put your hands on popular business intelligence tools used at work.
Increase sales using product recommendation
Learn to build recommender systems, just like the ones you see on Netflix, Amazon & YouTube.
Career-ready in 30 days.
Data Science is challenging. But that’s what makes it in-demand.
Once you’re in – you’ll receive a starter pack sent to you to begin the Bootcamp. Then follow the lessons and participate in the Bootcamp area to progress.
Pre-bootcamp: On-boarding and installation.
Before everything starts – Dr. Lau will help you guide you to install the right tools, software and get you ready to be supported throughout the bootcamp.
Days 1-6: Data Science Fundamentals
Your instructor, Dr. Lau Cher Han will be teaching you the fundamentals of data science, how actual data science projects are done, and introduce you to the projects you’ll work on.
- Day 1: Turn business question into data science problem
- Day 2: OSEMN – The Data Science framework
- Day 3: Data science roles and career prospect
- Day 4: Set up your data science workspace
- Day 5: Python programming basics
- Day 6: Project – Write your first data science program
Days 7-12: Predict customer churn using decision tree
In this module, you will learn how to use the decision tree, a visual classification method. You will learn how to apply a decision tree to predict customer churn for a telco company.
- Day 7: Types of data
- Day 8: Conduct EDA (Exploratory data analysis)
- Day 9: Implement decision tree for classification
- Day 10: Metrics for evaluating classification model
- Day 11 & 12: Project – Telco churn analytics
Days 13-18: Forecasting using Regression analysis
Picking up regression analysis is your first step into forecasting. Regression analysis is a skillset highly sought after by companies.
- Day 13: Regression analysis in Data Science
- Day 14: Statistical modelling vs machine learning
- Day 15: Build a linear regression model
- Day 16: How to evaluate a linear regression model
- Day 17 & 18: Project – Sales forecasting using ads spent
Days 19-24: Social media and text analysis
Unstructured data refers to data that you can’t fit into an Excel sheet – such as video, audio, image files or texts. During this week, you’ll learn to work with text, the most common unstructured data. Use NLP to understand your customers,
- Day 19: Types of unstructured data
- Day 20: Applied Natural Language Processing
- Day 21: Extract features from text documents
- Day 22: Analyze sentiments using Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK)
- Day 23 & 24: Analyze sentiments for TripAdvisor hotels
Days 25-30: Dashboard and portfolio
During the final week, you will learn how to display data in an appealing dashboard. You will also learn how to publish your work to portfolio.
- Day 25: Types of visualization
- Day 26: Self-serve interactive business Intelligence
- Day 27: Build dashboard using Google data studio
- Day 28: Key elements of an impressive portfolio
- Day 29: Using web templates for portfolio
- Day 30: Project – Publish your personal data science portfolio using GitHub
Your bootcamp instructor.
Dr. Lau Cher Han
Chief Data Scientist, Founder of LEAD, Machine Learning researcher, Microsoft Excel World Champion.
What makes instructors like Dr. Lau different? Like many hard-working professionals, Dr. Lau works in practice. For every day of teaching, he does 3-5 days consulting and working with brands.
Dr. Lau has trained executives and companies such as IBM, Dell, Intel, Bank Islam and TNB Malaysia to break into data science, big data, and artificial intelligence.
And with over 15 years of experience in software development, database technologies, data mining and analytics – he has consulted companies such as Intel, Jabil, HP and the Selangor Government.
The best mentors were once students. We believe so much in knowledge sharing, that we brought our students back to teach.
Jasmine Kijam is co-founder of Matamata, a social-driven enterprise that harnesses technology to help the blind and visually impaired community gain independence and inclusivity online. She’s a past LEAD data science graduate.
Tan Min Thee, a computer vision engineer turned data scientist. He currently assumes a data analytics role at Fave. Min Thee, was too – a data science graduate at LEAD.
What you’ll get.
The Bootcamp provides you with everything to become a serious data professional – and more. No other school gives you this much. “Why?”, you ask. Because we can.
Your Starter Pack
Like, for real. Once you’re in the Bootcamp, we’ll send you a physical starter pack, containing a LEAD notebook, guidebook, and a cap.
Put on that cap and get ready to get dirty!
Daily video lessons & tasks.
You’ll have a lesson to take and a task to do every day. This will be dripped in the Class Platform.
Just log in, take the lessons and then publish your task. Dr. Lau and our mentors will be around to help, in case you need help.
4 live training sessions.
Get together with your Bootcamp mates and Dr. Lau, as you go through what you’ve learned throughout the week. It’s also a chance to ask questions and receive direct mentorship.
These 1-hour sessions will run on alternate Wednesdays (8pm) and Sundays (10am) within the 30 days. Although you can re-watch a recording, you’ll get the best value by attending live.
Student chat support.
Anytime you need guidance as you work on your data project, just ask in the chat support. We use Slack for this, as it’s the fastest, most convenient way for us to help you.
Build 4 real data science projects.
The bootcamp guides you to build 4 data science projects – when completed, indirectly equips you with job-ready data science skills.
These projects can be used as a data science portfolio, for when you apply for a job.
Take a look at a student, Chun Yuan’s data science portfolio.
Present your work to real companies.
At the end of the Bootcamp, you’ll have two weeks to complete your data portfolio before presenting them to stakeholders from real companies on Demo-Day.
We’ll invite 10 companies to listen to your presentation on Demo-Day. This boosts your confidence as you receive real feedback.
Earn a certification.
At LEAD we believe skillsets matter more than certificates. After all, it’s just a piece of paper.
But we understand that some need a certificate. The Bootcamp provides you with one. Publish it on your LinkedIn profile!
The Bootcamp is open for anyone in Malaysia. You don’t need to spend on accommodation or travel.
This is your chance to become a serious problem-solver, equipped with skillsets that no company can live without.
When you click on the button below, you’ll be required to apply for the Bootcamp. It’ll take us one day to let you know if you’re accepted.
One-time fee. Lifetime access to next bootcamp.
Only collected if you’re accepted.
- Starter kit sent to you.
- 30-days of Bootcamp content.
- 8 live online training sessions.
- Downloads, recording access and extra content.
- Lifetime student support
- Demo-day & certification.
When & Where
Bootcamp starts on: 12th July 2021
Venue: Digital Classroom. You can participate from anywhere in Malaysia – as long as you have an internet connection.
Need support or have some questions?
Call: +018-2777 989
Is the Bootcamp worth joining?
We think so. After all, this came from hours of discussions, observations, and tweaks. But don’t believe us – believe what our students say.
“I’ve learnt how to do things faster, including the type of tools, software and libraries to use to achieve my tasks faster. And I like the support given by the team where I could get help for some tasks I have at work.”
“What I like about the course by LEAD is its real-life experiences from the instructors and as well as the continuous support that the team gives. They are always online helping me, 6 AM to 1 AM in the morning. That shows dedication.”
“The course was comprehensive and it taught me everything I need to know about and the industry practices both – locally and globally. And I think the rest of it will have to be on my own to discover.”
Potentially Asked Questions
Here are some questions you probably would have.
What if I miss a day because I’m busy?
- Not an issue! We designed the Bootcamp, understanding that you are a busy working person and it’s only natural to have to miss out on a day – or two. You’ll be able to catch up.
Is the Bootcamp or cert accredited?
Proudly, no. Accreditation makes sense for certain types of education, but that is not what makes great data professionals.
We’ll happily provide completion certificates upon the end. But know this.
Instead of having a paper to ‘prove’ you know something, how about having 4 completed data science projects to show for?
Do I need prior tech or coding knowledge?
- None. The Bootcamp doesn’t require prerequisites or prior knowledge. Bring your curiosity and desire to grow, and that’s enough.
Why can’t I just learn online myself?
- You can. However, it’s faster and more efficient to learn data science with someone to guide you. And while most online courses are ‘self-paced’, we designed this Bootcamp to be ‘instructor-led-paced’, to keep you accountable.
Is there an exam?
- No. We’re beginning to drop examinations because we believe ‘test to grade’ is ruining education, as it limits discovery and incentivizes students to ask questions like, “Will this be on the test?”
How long is the bootcamp?
The Bootcamp is designed for 30 days. This would translate into more than 60+ hours of learning and work.
But we’re really vouching for life-long learning. Often times we see real learning happening after a course, where our students continue to self-discover and interact with their peers.
You made it all the way here…
Sounds like you’re serious. Well, we’re serious too. This program is probably the best we’ve designed, yet.
(Only 60 participants.)