Finally – A data science program that brings you career opportunities.
What if you can expertly handle serious data science projects – and use your skills to grow companies?
What if you can acquire in-demand skillsets – like Python & SQL programming so that companies want to hire you?
Bootcamp fees at RM2,800
Application required before getting accepted.
Nov 1st, 2021
THIS BOOTCAMP IS FOR
No prior technical knowledge or degree required.
Build 4 data science projects
As your portfolio and job application.
Cohort 3. Price increases during the next cohort.
Data Science Uncut Bootcamp
30 Days Online Bootcamp: 1st November – 30th November 2021
Confidently handle data science projects in 30 days
What’s in the bootcamp
- A group of 60 people, willing to get to work – and changing their state at the end of 30-days.
- Daily lessons & tasks released everyday in chunk-size, step-by-step videos and worksheets.
- Pro Discussion Board to receive and share feedback on your daily work.
- Demo-day. Present your data science project to stakeholders from 10 leading companies.
- Build 4 real data science projects to equip yourself with profitable skillsets.
- 4 live training sessions where Dr. Lau will personally guide you and give detailed feedback.
- 4 live coaching calls with our coaches, helping you to complete the Bootcamp strong.
- Portfolio feature. Your data science portfolio will be published on our website, seen by 100s of recruiters and businesses, looking for talents.
The fastest way to be an in-demand data scientist.
Highly-paid data professionals are not people who go around throwing big words like artificial intelligence, big data, and machine learning.
They are people who solve data problems and have the skills to grow a company’s revenue.
You can watch hundreds of lessons on Udemy – and still, unable to call yourself a data scientist. Rather than watching videos, the Bootcamp pushes you to work and complete 4 data science projects.
Learn to do prediction based on data, predict any events before it happens.
Understand the relationship between variables and what factor matters most.
Social media analysis
Know exactly how customers, voters, users feel, think, respond to your organization.
Gain deep insights about your customers & their desires.
Example of projects you will work on.
Here are some practical data science projects built by past students.
Predicting Customer Churn
Gze Peng (Cohort #1), used a regression model to predict the churn rate for a telco company. This enables the telco company to design better telco packages to retain their customers.
Analyzing customer sentiment.
Using cosine similarity and sentiment analysis, Naim Iskandar (Cohort #1) identified words that are commonly used and their associated emotions for TripAdvisor.
This enables a company like TripAdvisor to know what their customers love or hate about their experience and help them discover opportunities.
Want to be a data scientist? Don’t watch videos.
Go do data science. Receive and share feedback. Work with the others.
Put in your best work.
If you want to build muscles, don’t watch videos. Go to the gym and get to work, every day.
If you want to be a data scientist, then do data science. There is a lesson each day. Each lesson includes an assignment that prompts & challenges you to do the work.
YanBin got job opportunities by putting in the work during the Bootcamp.
It’s impossible to fall behind.
Most people never complete online courses they joined. In Data Science Uncut Bootcamp, 9 out of 10 participants complete the program.
You will work with another 60 people to receive and share feedback on each other’s work. By generously showing up and giving others feedback, you will learn far more than just watching tutorials.
Practical data science is different.
Data is useless. Programming is pointless.
It is what you do with the data and programs that are useful. You will learn to apply the skillsets learned during the Bootcamp on practical use cases.
Become a problem-solver.
The goal of a data professional is not to become a geek. But to be able to solve advanced problems, using advanced data techniques you’ll learn from the bootcamp.
Automate tasks using Python
You will learn Python as you work on the data science projects.
Learn to determine opinions and the market sentiments with data.
Processing data using SQL
Learn to process, structure, and optimize databases with SQL.
Predict events using classification techniques, modeling and more.
Presentation & visualizations
Learn to build visualization and present findings with confidence.
Forecasting using regressions
Learn techniques to forecast and optimize business processes.
Business Intelligence Tools
Put your hands on popular business intelligence tools used at work.
Increase sales using product recommendation
Learn to build recommender systems, just like the ones you see on Netflix, Amazon & YouTube.
Career-ready in 30 days.
Data Science is challenging. But that’s what makes it in-demand. From receiving a starter pack sent to you, here is what happens when you enrol in the Bootcamp.
Pre-bootcamp: On-boarding and installation.
Before everything starts – Dr. Lau will help you guide you to install the right tools, software and get you ready to be supported throughout the bootcamp.
Days 1-6: Data Science Fundamentals
Your instructor, Dr. Lau Cher Han will be teaching you the fundamentals of data science, how actual data science projects are done, and introduce you to the projects you’ll work on.
- Day 1: Turn business question into data science problem
- Day 2: OSEMN – The Data Science framework
- Day 3: Data science roles and career prospect
- Day 4: Set up your data science workspace
- Day 5: Python programming basics
- Day 6: Project – Write your first data science program
Days 7-12: Predict customer churn using decision tree
In this module, you will learn how to use the decision tree, a visual classification method. You will learn how to apply a decision tree to predict customer churn for a telco company.
- Day 7: Types of data
- Day 8: Conduct EDA (Exploratory data analysis)
- Day 9: Implement decision tree for classification
- Day 10: Metrics for evaluating classification model
- Day 11 & 12: Project – Telco churn analytics
Days 13-18: Forecasting using Regression analysis
Picking up regression analysis is your first step into forecasting. Regression analysis is a skillset highly sought after by companies.
- Day 13: Regression analysis in Data Science
- Day 14: Statistical modelling vs machine learning
- Day 15: Build a linear regression model
- Day 16: How to evaluate a linear regression model
- Day 17 & 18: Project – Sales forecasting using ads spent
Days 19-24: Social media and text analysis
Unstructured data refers to data that you can’t fit into an Excel sheet – such as video, audio, image files or texts. During this week, you’ll learn to work with text, the most common unstructured data. Use NLP to understand your customers,
- Day 19: Types of unstructured data
- Day 20: Applied Natural Language Processing
- Day 21: Extract features from text documents
- Day 22: Analyze sentiments using Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK)
- Day 23 & 24: Analyze sentiments for TripAdvisor hotels
Days 25-30: Dashboard and portfolio
During the final week, you will learn how to display data in an appealing dashboard. You will also learn how to publish your work to portfolio.
- Day 25: Types of visualization
- Day 26: Self-serve interactive business Intelligence
- Day 27: Build dashboard using Google data studio
- Day 28: Key elements of an impressive portfolio
- Day 29: Using web templates for portfolio
- Day 30: Project – Publish your personal data science portfolio using GitHub
- Live classes: Wednesday weekly at 8PM.
- Coaching calls: Sundays weekly at 10AM
Live classes and coaching calls are recorded, so you can catch up in case you miss any sessions.
Your bootcamp instructor.
Dr. Lau Cher Han
Chief Data Scientist, Founder of LEAD, Machine Learning researcher, Microsoft Excel World Champion.
What makes instructors like Dr. Lau different? Like many hard-working professionals, Dr. Lau works in practice. For every day of teaching, he does 3-5 days consulting and working with brands.
Dr. Lau has trained executives and companies such as IBM, Dell, Intel, Bank Islam and TNB Malaysia to break into data science, big data, and artificial intelligence.
And with over 15 years of experience in software development, database technologies, data mining and analytics – he has consulted companies such as Intel, Jabil, HP and the Selangor Government.
The Bootcamp has two dedicated coaches who help to focus discussions, address concerns and help you complete.
Jasmine Kijam is co-founder of Matamata, a social-driven enterprise that harnesses technology to help the blind and visually impaired community gain independence and inclusivity online. She’s a past LEAD data science graduate.
Tan Min Thee, a computer vision engineer turned data scientist. He currently assumes a data analytics role at Fave. Min Thee, was too – a data science graduate at LEAD.
What you’ll get.
The Bootcamp provides you with everything to become a data professional. No other school gives you this much. “Why?”, you ask. Because we can.
Your Starter Pack
Like, for real. Once you’re in the Bootcamp, we’ll send you a physical starter pack, containing a LEAD notebook, guidebook, and a cap.
Put on the cap and get ready to work!
Daily video lessons & tasks.
You will receive daily lessons and assignments in the Pro Group.
Log in, take the lessons, do the assignment and publish your work. Dr. Lau and our mentors will be around to help.
4 live training sessions.
Get together with your Bootcamp mates and Dr. Lau, as you go through what you’ve learned throughout the week. It’s also a chance to ask questions and receive direct mentorship.
These 1-hour sessions will run on alternate Wednesdays (8PM) and Sundays (10AM) during the Bootcamp. the 30 days. If you miss the sessions, catch up with the rcodings.
Build 4 real data science projects.
The bootcamp guides you to build 4 data science projects – when completed, indirectly equips you with job-ready data science skills.
These projects can be used as a data science portfolio, for when you apply for a job.
Take a look at a student, Chun Yuan’s data science portfolio.
Present your work to real companies.
At the end of the Bootcamp, you’ll have two weeks to complete your data portfolio before presenting them to stakeholders from real companies on Demo-Day.
We’ll invite 10 companies to listen to your presentation on Demo-Day. This boosts your confidence as you receive real feedback.
Earn a certification.
At LEAD we believe skillsets matter more than certificates. After all, it’s just a piece of paper.
But we understand that some need a certificate. The Bootcamp provides you with one. Publish it on your LinkedIn profile!
The Bootcamp is open for anyone in Malaysia. You don’t need to spend on accommodation or travel.
This is your chance to become a serious problem-solver, equipped with skillsets that no company can live without.
When you click on the button below, you’ll be required to apply for the Bootcamp. It’ll take us one day to let you know if you’re accepted.
- Starter kit sent to you.
- 30-days of Bootcamp content.
- 8 live online training sessions.
- Downloads, recording access and extra content.
- Lifetime student support
- Demo-day & certification.
When & Where
Bootcamp starts on: 1st November 2021
Venue: Digital Classroom. You can participate from anywhere in Malaysia – as long as you have an internet connection.
Need support or have some questions?
Call: +018-2777 989
Is the Bootcamp worth joining?
We think so. After all, this came from hours of discussions, observations, and tweaks. But don’t believe us – believe what our students say.
“I’ve learnt how to do things faster, including the type of tools, software and libraries to use to achieve my tasks faster. And I like the support given by the team where I could get help for some tasks I have at work.”
“What I like about the course by LEAD is its real-life experiences from the instructors and as well as the continuous support that the team gives. They are always online helping me, 6 AM to 1 AM in the morning. That shows dedication.”
“The course was comprehensive and it taught me everything I need to know about and the industry practices both – locally and globally. And I think the rest of it will have to be on my own to discover.”
Potentially Asked Questions
Here are some questions you probably would have.
What if I miss a day because I’m busy?
- Not an issue! We designed the Bootcamp, understanding that you are a busy working person and it’s only natural to have to miss out on a day – or two. You’ll be able to catch up.
Is the Bootcamp or cert accredited?
Proudly, no. Accreditation makes sense for certain types of education, but that is not what makes great data professionals.
We’ll happily provide completion certificates upon the end. But know this.
Instead of having a paper to ‘prove’ you know something, how about having 4 completed data science projects to show for?
Do I need prior tech or coding knowledge?
- None. The Bootcamp doesn’t require prerequisites or prior knowledge. Bring your curiosity and desire to grow, and that’s enough.
I have a full-time job. Can I still join the bootcamp?
- Yes. The daily lessons and assignments are recorded. You can do them at your own time and pace. We recommend spending 1 hour a day, working on them.
Why can’t I just learn online myself?
- You can. However, it’s faster and more efficient to learn data science with someone to guide you. And while most online courses are ‘self-paced’, we designed this Bootcamp to be ‘instructor-led-paced’, to keep you accountable.
Is there an exam?
- No. We’re beginning to drop examinations because we believe ‘test to grade’ is ruining education, as it limits discovery and incentivizes students to ask questions like, “Will this be on the test?”
How long is the bootcamp?
The Bootcamp is designed for 30 days. This would translate into more than 60+ hours of learning and work.
But we’re really vouching for life-long learning. Often times we see real learning happening after a course, where our students continue to self-discover and interact with their peers.
Did anyone get hired from the demo day?
- We don’t directly track the hiring that happens during the demo day. However, we’re proud to see our students go on to work at companies such as FoodPanda, Amazon, and TnG Digital.
You made it all the way here…
When is the time to level up?